Considering the enormous amount of car seats and strollers in the market, you might be wondering how to pick a car seat and stroller for your little adorable.
This is because nowadays, there are different types of stroller and car seats from different manufacturers. Many of which do not meet up with some key requirements that we expect of a stroller and a car seat.
And, as a parent who wants the best, you really want to be sure of some key factors to consider when selecting a stroller and car seat for your little adorable.
On this note, we have written this article to guide you on how to choose the best stroller and car seat for your baby. In addition, this article also answers important questions that relate to the subject.
How to pick a car seat and stroller.
If you are looking to choose a car seat and stroller for your little adorable, there are some key factors you must consider. If you take these factors into consideration, choosing the best will not be difficult.
In fact, one peculiar thing about choosing strollers for your baby is that what works for another family might not work for you.
Therefore, it is important that you carefully examine these factors before making the decision to pick a car seat and stroller for your little baby. Some of these factors are:
According to our research, we discovered that the majority of first time moms are always shocked at the price of car seats and strollers. The fact is, there are pricier car seats and strollers that can cost up to a thousand dollars, and there are way cheaper ones.
. The pricier ones come with some features which the less expensive ones do not have. These features can include better maneuverability, space for legroom, modular seats, color choices, etc. It is our advice that you choose a car seat and stroller that fits perfectly when into your budget.
When choosing a stroller or a car seat or the combination, one main thing to consider is where you are living. Are you a city person, or a suburban person? A city family might need to use the stroller every day, but a suburban family will need it occasionally.
Do car seats fit any stroller?
To answer this question, the majority of times the answer is NO. Car seats do not fit any type of stroller. The only type of car seat that is compatible with strollers is the infant car seat, and most time they usually design these car seats along with a stroller.
Other types of strollers such as the all-in-one car seat do not fit with other strollers. They design them to be standalone. These car seats are meant to remain in the vehicle, and not to hold your baby outside the vehicle.
However, sometimes some manufacturers design their strollers to be able to accommodate multiple car seats. But there are only a few of this type of car seats out there. Most strollers do not accommodate car seats from different brands.
Read also: Best stroller for first time mom
Should I buy a travel system or a separate car seat and stroller?
As we mentioned earlier, there are a lot of car seats and strollers in the market. And if you are a first-time mom, you might be confused as to whether to buy a standalone car seat and stroller or a travel system. A travel system is the combination of a car seat and a stroller.
If you decide to go with a travel system, you will be given a car seat and a compatible or matching stroller from the same brand. You do not require any special adapter before you can use the two parts.
On the other hand, if you choose a standalone stroller and car seat, you will receive a separate stroller and car seat. These two systems require a special adapter before they can work.
Before we give our advice, let us first consider the pros and cons of a travel system and that of a standalone car seat and stroller
Advantages of using a separate car seat and a stroller
- It gives you the privilege to select from a variety of options. In other words, you can select any car seat of your choice and then select a compatible stroller. In addition, you can also choose more types of strollers. This can either be a jogging stroller, convertible full-size stroller, or a lightweight stroller.
- You can select from different brands–some brands are pretty good with car seats but not with a stroller and vice versa. This means you don’t have to stick to one brand.
- You need to have an adapter before you can use the car seat and stroller together. Although adapters are not expensive, you will definitely still have to buy it
- Attaching the car seat to the stroller is a bit difficult. This requires some level of expertise to set up.
- Sometimes, not all times, this option is usually a bit expensive.
Advantages of using a travel system (Combination of car seat and stroller)
- It is a more cost-effective option
- You have all you need at your call and beckon. This means you do need to buy any extra parts.
- It is very easy to transition your baby from the car to the stroller and vice versa
- According to research, we discovered that car seats sold separately are of better quality than those sold together.
- Most times the quality of the stroller and the car seat are not always equal.
Now, the question is, which option should you use? We consider choosing a travel system more convenient and cost-effective.
This is because you have all you need in one set and you don’t have to spend extra expenses. If the car seat and stroller meet your needs, why not go for it?
But, if you do not find what suits your needs. You can select the car seat first. Ensure that it is of high quality and best safety test results. After this, you can then select a stroller that is compatible with it.
Although it can be a bit dicey to figure out what is best for you. The most important thing is to ensure that whatever option you go with, suits your need and that of your baby.